Well, hello to all, from Rivne [Rovno] Ukraine.

This my first Blog, I’m nervous !

I know it's meant to be interesting, for sure much interesting things happen in my country. I will improve my skills at describing these things in my Blogs as time goes by, I hope anyway.

I suppose the biggest news from here in Ukraine at this time is our recent elections, we have a new President, but did any of our people even notice ?! Any that did would probably say that our new man [poor Yulia] will have all us Ukrainians singing the Russian Anthem within 12mths ! Many others of our people would be in shock to learn that we have changed our leader at all, it matters so little to them !

And, no matter who walks the marbled floors of those high lux offices in Kiev dangling the keys to Ukraine in their pocket this year, next year or in 2015, life still goes on as normal here.

Many of our Grandmothers & Grandfathers will continue to sell their goods [cigarettes - gum - fruit - shoe paint] at the side of our roads as a substitute for a low or zero pension, our Hospitals & Schools will remain underfunded and crumbling, our water will remain fit only for washing foot bottoms, our highways with their giant craters, will still be like driving on the surface of the moon, our men will always manage to rustle up a few Grivna’s for a bottle of Vodka and many of our women will still look for their foreign “Prince” as their way out.

President Yanukovych, flawed by an egg











As for me ? Well I will remain positive, cheerful and optimistic, I have to, afterall I’m a “Blogger” now, and nobody wants to read the continued ramblings of an unhappy Blogger, now do they ?

More as it comes to me, or when the Electricity comes back on !
Sincerely yours,
Marina.
http://www.west-ukraine.eu/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Marine on your 1st post, ukraine looks like a interesting country, must visit sometime. And you look nice by the way!!!

R.D.
Arkansas US.

Post a Comment

Marina will be glad to hear your comment about this !